Monday, November 29, 2010

Introduction

Welcome person who has too much time on their hands.
Well you'd have to to be, reading this but who cares. You're still cool because this is a very special blog.
The reason you're here is because you love the 1980s music scene. No matter how many boring rap videos your friends show you they can't compare with Simon Le Bon hunting through the swamp in 'Hungry Like The Wolf'. The fact is you're not weird. You're in fact one of the lucky few who is tuned in with what music actually sounds like and you are enlightened enough to know that Justin Beiber just cannot compete with somebody like Nik Kershaw.
Trust me, I know what I'm talking about here. Being a teenager who loves the New Wave and synthpop scene that was prevalent during the 1980s I know that it can feel musically isolating sometimes but there are a network of us out there who enjoy this amazing stuff. And if you're reading this and you're somebody who lived through the 80s, then more power to you and I invite you to follow along and discover some things you maybe haven't heard before. That is the purpose of this blog. To document albums, singles and the songs they have that I like both mainstream and sadistically obscure. I'll also cover music beyond the 80's that has spawned from the work done at that time on the odd occasion including modern tracks by 80's artists and tidbits from the modern synthpop and futurepop scenes.
This blog itself was heavily inspired by two other blogs which I recommend you check out
http://vinylobscurity.blogspot.com/ - A true treasure trove of obscure music, and the tracks I like, I myself will post on
http://www.rare80s.com/ - Quality if fleeting site with some comedy and down-loadable tracks
I'll try to include all the information I deem necessary when I post links to videos that are important, links to good quality listening opportunities, the lyrics (some painstakingly listened to and written by me), images ect...
So enjoy. Look around. I aim to post at least once a week and maybe more. Obviously some posts will be short and some long. I hope to give whoever follows some new music to get their hands on in an easy to digest format. Please comment if you like a post at all. I'll provide answers to questions as soon as I can.

Yours sincerely
22ndWave

No comments:

Post a Comment